Welcome Susanne Rios!
MHA is excited to welcome Susanne Rios as the Team Leader of the Mobile Outreach Team!
Susanne is licensed in Family and Marriage Therapy and a Certified Daring Way Facilitator, which is a highly experiential methodology based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown. The method was designed for work with individuals, couples, families, work teams, and organizational leaders. Susanne has been practicing since 2006 and just joined MHA after moving from Fairbanks, Alaska where she was a Military Family Life Counselor and Manager of Child and Family Life at a community mental health facility. Susanne is an engaged mom of 3 children and is excited to be back working in the mental health field!
In 2016, MHA of Rockland was awarded an exclusive grant to work with people who had long-term inpatient psychiatric hospitalizations to regain a sense of independence through community integration, resource development and residential supports.
The Mobile Outreach Team (MOT) receives referrals from Rockland Psychiatric Center for individuals who are currently an inpatient but beginning their hospital discharge process. We support individuals all the way from discharge planning to re-establishing community connections and to living independent and self-directed lives. In general, MOT helps people live more independent and self-directed lives.
So what does that look like?
· Assisting in developing daily living skills—shopping, meal preparation, cleaning, personal hygiene, etc.
· Helping with learning public transit or other transportation needs
· Friendly companionship to reduce isolating tendencies
· Promoting social connections through day programs & community events
· Assisting with benefits management and other financial needs
· Providing additional medical and counseling supports
· Linking to extended services such as Care Management, Vocational Services or ongoing treatment programs
MOT is personalized to the needs and goals of each individual—allowing for unique and customized support. To learn more about MOT, visit our website at https://mharockland.org/mot/
In 2016 MHA Rockland was awarded an exclusive grant to work with people who had long-term inpatient psychiatric hospitalizations to regain a sense of independence through community integration, resource development and residential supports.