By President & CEO Stephanie Madison
As we begin a new year, we look back with gratitude and pride in all that the clients and staff of MHA of Rockland accomplished in 2017. Here are just a few highlights that reflect our passion for and commitment to partnering with community members in the spirit of health and healing:
- 94% of our clients in Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) maintained stable housing. This outcome is particularly significant as individuals in ACT are at especially high risk of losing their housing due to complications from serious mental illness.
- 100% of children and adolescents in our Care Management program stayed out of the hospital for mental health conditions
- 92% of individuals in our Adult Care Management program did not require inpatient psychiatric treatment
- 80% of individuals who graduated clean and sober from our Recovery Services program had been engaged with us for over six months. This statistic is crucial as data reveals that longer term engagement is the foundation for sustained recovery.
- More than 1,000 Rockland County community members received education and training from MHA staff on various behavioral health topics including suicide prevention, signs and symptoms of addiction, life-saving drug overdose interventions, and mental wellness.
2018 looks bright. We are embarking on new initiatives and projects that will continue to propel our mission driven services and strengthen the impact we have on those we serve. We are confident that our reach will expand, and that those who need us most will have greater access to our resources. This is all possible due to the remarkable work of our staff, Board, donors, and community partners. For this, we offer our appreciation and gratitude, looking forward with hope and inspiration.