Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS) is a unique program at MHA that combines aspects of treatment, rehabilitation and support services for individuals with mental health struggles. The program combines individual and group counseling that is customized to each member’s needs/wants. In PROS the groups are called classes, as we feel each class and experience is meant to be a learning opportunity.
PROS is made up of 4 components: Community Rehabilitation and Support (CRS), Intensive Rehabilitation (IR), Ongoing Rehabilitation Support (ORS) and Clinic Treatment (optional).
- Community Rehabilitation and Support (CRS) service helps members better manage their lives and restore skills and supports necessary for being successful within the community. An example of CRS services would be financial management and wellness self-management.
- Intensive Rehabilitation (IR) is meant to help members in attaining specific life roles, reduce hospitalization or relapse, loss of housing or involvement with the criminal justice system. Overall, it helps members to better manage symptoms they are experiencing.
- Ongoing Rehabilitation Support (ORS) provides flexibility in the off-site support and maintenance of obtaining competitive employment. ORS can also support members in better managing symptoms they may be experiencing in a competitive workplace.
- Clinic Treatment is an optional component of the program that offers psychiatric and health assessments, medication management, symptom monitoring, and clinical counseling. In some cases, members may choose to keep their community clinical providers and receive CRS and IR and ORS services within the PROS program.
Some of the class offerings include:
Creating Healthy Relationships
Living with Life’s Losses
Self-Expression through Art
Managing Emotions with Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
Working through Anger
- Many members have shared with us that in PROS there is commonality, comfort and a non-judgmental, safe space.
If you or someone you know is having a tough time and looking for any of the supports mentioned above, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to speaking with you!
To learn more about PROS, please contact: